I had used a handcrank juicer since I first started growing wheatgrass years ago. I didn’t want to clutter up my kitchen with another electric tool. But I realized that a handcrank juicer is not for everyone. It takes more muscle power than some people have, especially if they have arthritis or wrist problems.
Now the Healthy Juicer company has brought out an electric version and it is great. I am adding it to the Samson that I am selling because it is a lot cheaper.
Here is a little background on electric juicers so you know what you are getting into.There are 3 kinds of electric juicers on the market.
1. The centrifugal kind, ranging from the inexpensive Jack LaLane to the more expensive versions. They grate the food while turning in circles. You don’t want one of these. They don’t do wheatgrass or leafy greens and they run fast, 1725 – 5000 rpms. This destroys the enzymes in the juice and makes a lot of noise.
2. The twin gear juicer, these are very nice, they can do everything well, from wheatgrass to carrots to nut butters. The better ones run slow at 110 rpms and are not too noisy. I would love to recommend one but they start at $650-. Not too realistic for most people.
3. The single gear juicer. These run slow to protect the juice and they are superb for wheatgrass and leafy greens – the healthy stuff. They don’t do carrots very well. But as most naturopaths and doctors will tell you, Dr Mercola included, carrot juice is not a good thing for your health. Nor is fruit juice. Both are too big of a sugar hit without pulp to slow it down. Fruits are better made into smoothies containing all the healthy fiber in the blender.
Healthy Juicer Electric
Price: $189 and can be purchased by clicking here
I’ve been using this juicer for over a year now and it’s great. The amount of juice it gets from the grass is amazing. I’m getting 2 ounces of juice from 3 ounces of grass! It doesn’t make good nut butters and I haven’t tried making the pasta. I just use it for wheatgrass. It comes with 2 augers, one for wheatgrass and one for fruits. It’s the best electric juicer on the market for the money and the company is responsive and reliable. It is also very easy to clean.
The Lexen Electric Healthy Juicer is the new standard in juice extractors. This is a powerful masticating type juicer that “crushes” fruits and vegetables, including hard vegetables such as carrots. Since there is no heat generated as in other juicers, all of the enzymes are preserved for a fresh and ‘live’ tasting juice. The affordable price allows everyone to enjoy the incredible health benefits of juicing. More importantly the machine is made of quality parts which will last a lifetime. This is represented by its 8-Year Warranty on its motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts.
This machine has so many different functions than just a juicer! Make pasta, nut butters, healthy baby food, frozen desserts and soy milk makes this machine an incredible value. Includes two specially designed augers, one for wheatgrass and one for fruits and vegetables. No heat is generated so all the vitamins & enzymes are preserved!
Another advantage with the Healthy Juicer is there is no internal screen! You also have the option to have your juice with or without the additional fiber that the pulp provides. If you like pulpy juice, just leave the screen off the cup!
The Healthy Juicer electric is made of non-toxic polycarbonate and a stainless steel drive shaft which is sure to last for years.
For more information and specifications click here
Healthy Juicer Electric Price: $189 and can be purchased by clicking here
Samson 6-in-1 Advanced Juicer
Price $259.00 and can be purchased by clicking here
The Samson is also a single gear juicer. What I was surprised about was how easy it is to clean and reassemble the Samson. I’ll never go back to a handcrank again.
The only reason I can think of to get this juicer instead of the Healthy Juicer is that the company has been around longer.
Samson “6 in 1″ Advanced Series Juicer
The versatile “Samson” is six machines in one! Comes in a wide variety of colors as well
- Single Gear Slow Rotates at 80 RPM to ensure high quality nutritional juice
- FDA approved GE Ultem is used for the augur and screens making them 8 times stronger than traditional juicer parts.
- The stainless steel Juicing Screen is fully encased with GE Ultem
- Juices a wide variety of vegetables, grasses and fruits
- Excellent for Wheatgrass and Leafy Greens – Less foam than twin gear juicers
- Simple assembly with “quick lock” style attachments
- An all-in-one meal-making machine with six functions
- A wide variety of vegetables, grasses and fruits Adjustable pressure control to maximize juice yield
For more information and specifications click here.
Samson Advanced Juicer Price $259.00 and can be purchased by clicking here
So get it now and get your living greens daily!